Friday, August 28, 2009

ProCo Vintage Rat Distortion Stomp Box




It's that time again! This time I'm letting everyone know about the distortion I use for my guitar rig. It's pretty basic actually but I use the ProCo Vintage Rat stomp box.
This model has been discontinued, so in a sense I feel lucky. I've tried some of the other models but they all vary and I still like mine the best.

Basically, it has 3 knobs - Distortion, Filter, Volume. Pretty simple I know, but really this is all this pedal needs to sound great!

I usually set my distortion at about 11 o'clock which gives me a light, but crunchy enough sound for most of Proxy Set songs, but sometimes I'll juice it when I'm feeling dangerous or drunk at a gig =o)

The filter is really cool because it sweeps from a very open and bright distortion all the way to a high-cut-low pass sound. Very cool for Queens of the Stone Age guitar sounding stuff.

And the volume- well that's just a volume. BUT, this pedal has tons of gain and can really cut through the mix really well! Try it out, that is, if you can get your hands on one!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really keep it real, just like any of us who just want the info like it is, not sugar coated! Keep it coming Mike!

    ReplyDelete